Michigan Engineering Empowers Students To Make A Difference in the World.
Undoubtedly, you and your student considered numerous engineering colleges and universities; we’re thrilled that you chose Michigan. One of the things that makes a Michigan Engineering education unique is our commitment to developing not only students’ technical skills, but also valuable professional and life skills that will set them apart as future leaders in the Engineering field and the world. These skills include:
- Creativity & Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Intercultural Intelligence
- Social & Environmental Responsibility
- Effective Communication
- Collaborative Spirit
Our students have opportunities to enhance their proficiency in all of these areas, and one very unique and powerful avenue for that development is international experience. Every year, 800+ Michigan Engineers participate in international experiences, which enhances their resumes, advances their development in key skills that are valuable to employers, and sets them apart.
CoE students can go abroad as early as the Summer after their first year. The benefits of going abroad after the first year are to:
- Enhance their resume to get competitive internship placements and jobs later
- Earn engineering credit; finish technical electives and intellectual breadth credits early
- Take advantage of low summer program costs, financial aid, scholarships, and grants
- Leave future summers open for domestic internships and research opportunities or to go abroad again
- Build their network of Michigan colleagues and partner institutions around the world
- Kick start their progress toward the International Minor for Engineers; the College’s most popular academic minor