COVID-19: The Fall 2020 exchange program has been canceled. Information regarding future terms will be available at a later date.
Welcome to Michigan!
If you have been chosen as a College of Engineering exchange student, consider yourself a stellar student! You are one of a select group of students who will be able to enjoy a limited stay at the University of Michigan with access to top-notch facilities and challenging classes. After the College of Engineering received a recommendation from your home institution, your application was carefully screened, and once admission was granted, you were selected to receive a tuition fellowship to offset the cost of studying in Ann Arbor.
Please consider the IPE office (contact/directions) a place where you can:
- Ask questions about the College of Engineering, the University and Ann Arbor
- Orient yourself to U-M and the College of Engineering
- Help us to encourage our domestic students to study overseas
- Share a bit of your country and home institution with other students
The College of Engineering has committed tuition dollars to your studies because we value diverse cultural perspectives and recognize that engineering is a global field. We hope that you will act as an ambassador of your home institution and country and make a positive contribution to the College of Engineering community. As part of your ambassadorial responsibilities, we ask that you take part in at least one outreach activity during your stay here. Some ideas are listed below:
- Take part in information fairs and special events planned by the IPE office and the U-M
- Meet with U-M students who are considering studying abroad
- Attend IPE’s Pre-Departure Orientation to meet with students who are studying abroad at your home institution
We also ask that you make your email contact available for any College of Engineering student who wishes to talk to you about your home institution and/or country.
We hope your stay is full of new experiences, stimulating classes and opportunities to enrich yourself intellectually as well as personally. Please consult the following links as you prepare for your arrival in Ann Arbor:
Additional Information for newly admitted international students at U-M: