“There is definitely funding and scholarship opportunities out there so search for them! They’re definitely worth it.” – Summer 2015 internship abroad student
International Programs in Engineering strives to make sure that every student can go abroad. The key is to investigate early! Funding is available, but deadlines and requirements vary; explore funding options at the same time as you investigate programs.
Most UM-awarded financial aid—grants, scholarships, loans—may be used toward the cost of study abroad programs. Speak with an advisor in the Office of Financial Aid to determine what kind of financial aid funding you will receive for an IPE program. (And what might be available for Beyond UM programs).
Funding For Engineers: IPE and CoE Funding
- IPE Abroad Blogger Grant: Participants on IPE study abroad programs are eligible to apply; selected bloggers receive grants up to $1000
- IPE Travel Grants for IPE Winter and IPE Summer study abroad: For students who participate on IPE programs; recipients receive grants up to $1000
- CoE International Internship Scholarship: For CoE students participating in an international internship over the summer term; recipients receive $1000
- Rogel China Scholarship: For CoE students participating on the UM-Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute Fall program
- Scholarship Opportunities for Engineering Students: List of scholarships available through the College of Engineering scholarship office; please contact George Dendrinos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding For University of Michigan Students: U-M Funding
- U-M Funding for Study Abroad: List of U-M offices offering funding and U-M-specific scholarships
- Raoul Wallenberg International Summer Travel Award: For U-M Ann Arbor students taking part in community service or civic participation domestically and abroad
- Mary Sue & Kenneth Coleman Global Experiences Scholarship: For U-M students participating in overseas experiences
- U-M Scholarships: Office of Financial Aid list of available scholarships