“As globalization of engineering increases, the ability to interact effectively across cultures and around the globe is a critical skill to enhance your Michigan Engineering experience. Obtaining international experience is a fun and rewarding complement to your personal and professional development at Michigan. The International Minor provides an outstanding way to develop these skills and is the most popular minor across U-M.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss the minor and to develop your academic plans for the International Minor.”
– Professor Greg Hulbert, ME Faculty, Faculty Advisor for the International Minor for Engineers
The International Minor for Engineers seeks to develop 4 core skills:
- Foreign language proficiency
- Knowledge of non-U.S. cultures/societies
- Intercultural communication skills
- Awareness of global trends in engineering/business