The 2017 IPE Photo Contest is now Open!
- Students who participated in Fall 2016, Academic Year 2016-17, Winter 2017, and/or Spring/Summer 2017 international experiences (including study, work, internship, research and/or volunteer).
- Current College of Engineering exchange students.
This year’s photo contest theme is: What Does Global Engagement Mean to You?
- Domestic/International students who completed an international experience outside the United States should submit photos taken during their international experience.
- Current CoE International Exchange Students should submit photos taken in the United States outside the classroom setting (examples might include various cultural/social events).
Rules of Entry:
- Photos must be your original work and taken while you were abroad.
- Digitally altered photos will not be accepted.
- Photos dimensions must exceed 2250×3000 pixels.
- Each photo submission must be accompanied by a 40-60 word description of the event, situation, and location.
- Students can submit up to 5 photos.
- Submit your photos using this online form. Each photo must include a description!
The submission deadline is October 16, 2017, at 11:59 pm. Only photos that meet the criteria listed in the Rules of Entry above will be considered.
Prizes & Judging Information:
Prizes will be awarded to all winners and announced in October. We will also nominate up to ten students to be featured at the campus-wide Global Photo Showcase Event on November 13 during International Education Week. Photos will be judged on subject matter, quality, creativity, originality, and respect for local culture. Photos will be judged by staff from IPE and other CoE offices. Keep in mind that we are looking for images that capture a meaningful relationship between the photographer and the subject.
Need some inspiration? Here are some examples of past winners!
(You can view these and all other entries on the IPE Flickr Page)
Questions? Please email Matt Hancock (firstname.lastname@example.org), IPE’s Alumni Network Advisor