The College of Engineering requires all students (both undergraduate and graduate) to register their international experience with the International Programs in Engineering (IPE) office. Participants in IPE study abroad programs are already entered and do not need to complete this registry.
While completing the registry, you may notice that the word “application” is used in reference to the registry process. Please be aware that this registry is NOT an application for overseas experience, and students are expected to apply through the appropriate program sponsor.
The College of Engineering uses this information to:
- Share information about campus resources for international travel (health insurance, sources of funding, pre-departure planning).
- Contact you in case of an overseas emergency.
- Identify programs of interest for engineering students and develop new programs that meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Student Travel Registry
- I have been accepted to an IPE study abroad program. Do I need to complete the registry?
No, students participating in IPE study abroad programs are already registered appropriately.
- I have been accepted to a CGIS program. Do I need to complete the registry?
No, engineering students participating in study abroad opportunities sponsored by CGIS should not complete the registry. (This includes GIEU)
- I am traveling with a College of Engineering student organization, group or project team. Do I need to complete the registry?
Students traveling with an organized CoE group will be provided with special instructions for registering group travel. Contact the trip organizer or Emily Aiken in the International Programs in Engineering Office for information.
- I am an international student and I plan to take some courses or complete an internship in my home country. Do I need to complete the registry?
Yes, international students should register experiences in their home countries.
- Why does the registration form ask me to complete an application?
The M-Compass international experience registry is referred to as an “application” in this system. Once you have completed the application, your international experience is registered. However, this registry is NOT an application for overseas experience, and students are expected to apply through the appropriate program sponsor
- What should I do if the correct city is not available for selection from the list provided?
Please complete the registry by selecting the closest city. Then send an email to email@example.com to let us know the name of the specific location where you will be. We will update your registry to include the correct city.
- I recently returned from an overseas experience, but did not complete the registry prior to my departure. Should I register my experience now?
Students who failed to complete the registry prior to departure must complete the registry upon return. If the registry for the semester(s) of your experience is closed (deadline passed), please contact the IPE office to have the form re-opened for you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional questions about this registry? Contact the IPE office for assistance.