Study Abroad Application Process & Timelines
M-Compass is a University of Michigan website where students can search and apply for study abroad programs – and much more. Engineering students can use M-Compass to search for programs sponsored by the College of Engineering and also to find programs sponsored by other offices that are open to engineering students.
International Course Equivalencies
Check course approval and equivalency on the International Transfer Credit Database
Application Timelines: Plan Your International Experience
- Winter Semester Program Application Deadline
- Early deadline: September 15 (Comillas & UNSW)
- Final Deadline: October 1 (All other IPE sponsored programs)
- Summer Program Application Timeline: TBD!
Tips for a Strong Application
- To make your study abroad application the strongest it can be, IPE suggests the following:
- Submit thoughtful, well-written essays. Make sure you read the essay prompts carefully and answer all parts of the question. Tell us why the program is a good fit for you, and why you are a good fit for the program
- Proofread your essays for spelling and grammatical errors before submitting
- Apply by the priority deadline, if applicable (typically for IPE summer programs only)