IPE programs are specifically designed for U-M College of Engineering students, so that you can continue to make progress toward your U-M degree as you develop the intercultural skills and global mindset that is the hallmark of Michigan Engineering.
M-Compass is a University of Michigan website where students can search and apply for study abroad programs – and much more. Engineering students can use M-Compass to search for programs sponsored by the College of Engineering and also to find programs sponsored by other offices that are open to engineering students.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications for IPE study abroad programs will follow this general application timeline:
- Fall Semester Programs: Applications will open in January and be due in early/mid March
- Winter Semester Programs: Applications will open in late August and be due in early/mid October
- Summer Programs: Applications will open in early December and be due in late January/early February
Return to an Application in Progress
Have you already clicked “Apply Now” and started you application? Please follow these steps to return to your application in progress.
- Return to M-Compass
- In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click on “Login”
- Login using your U-M uniqname and password
- Your Application Home Page will appear. Click on the link for the program application you would like to view
- You will now see your application in progress and be able to continue the application process
Tips for a Strong Application
To make your study abroad application the strongest it can be, IPE suggests the following:
- Submit thoughtful, well-written essays. Make sure you read the essay prompts carefully and answer all parts of the question. Tell us why the program is a good fit for you, and why you are a good fit for the program
- Proofread your essays for spelling and grammatical errors before submitting
- Apply by the priority deadline, if applicable (typically for IPE summer programs only)