International Programs in Engineering (IPE) is dedicated to helping you enjoy a safe and healthy overseas experience. Here are just a few of the resources and support services we provide for our program participants:
- International Health Insurance is included in all IPE programs.
- Participants are required to attend pre-departure orientation that addresses health concerns, medications, personal safety and common sense travel.
- All students have 24-7 emergency contacts for the IPE office and partner institution.
- IPE enrolls all participants in the State Department Travel Registry to keep them connected with the local embassy and facilitate communication in the event of an emergency.
- Our staff members regularly monitor international travel advisories and current events in our program locations to keep students informed of relevant health or security issues.
- IPE follows campus-wide emergency procedures and works closely with students and family members to address medical or other types of emergencies that may arise overseas.
- Individual advising sessions are available for students with specific health or travel concerns.
Take advantage of these resources! While IPE staff members are here to provide assistance, your individual preparation and personal choices overseas have the greatest impact on your well-being. Research your host country and become familiar with health issues, environmental conditions or local customs that may affect your stay abroad.