Stay connected to the University, your family and your friends during your time abroad!
- The International Programs in Engineering Office keeps contact information for all participants and partner institutions. We are available to assist you during your program and provide support in case of emergencies. Once you arrive at your destination, be sure to log in to your MCompass account and update your local address and telephone number as needed. This will ensure that we can reach you at any time.
- Carry the IPE telephone numbers and GeoBlue insurance card with you at all times.
IPE Office: 734-647-7129
Non-urgent matters relating to academics, program logistics, general advising, etc.
Regular EST business hours
Emergencies that require immediate assistance such as illness, accidents or other health and safety concerns. This line is monitored by an IPE staff member at all times (24 hours per day, 7 days per week).
- All IPE program participants are entered into the US State Department Travel Registry for the duration of the academic program. Local embassies may use this information to contact you in case of emergency and connect you with local resources. http://travel.state.gov/
- Establish a 24-hour telephone number in your host country in advance or immediately upon arrival.
- Share your contact information with family members, the IPE Office and local program advisors in your host country. Check in regularly with your family at home to prevent them from worrying. Also keep them informed of your travel plans for weekends, study breaks, etc.