Overseas experience can enhance your future job prospects, provide exposure to foreign business environments and help you understand global trends in the engineering profession. Whether it’s an internship with a multinational corporation or a research position in a foreign laboratory, overseas employment presents unique opportunities for professional development.
Like any job search, arranging overseas employment requires preparation. As an engineering student, you have several options for beginning your search. Take advantage of campus resources:
- Engineering Career Resource Center to polish your resume and search
- Engineering Careers to check current international postings
- Connect with CoE faculty and ask about potential international connections
- Talk with international students about the job markets in their home countries
- Use this website as a resource for your work abroad