Student Organization International Travel Resources
Student Organization International Travel Process
If your organization plans to travel internationally, make sure to get approval from the College of Engineering. Familiarize yourself with the process as you’ll need to plan in advance!
Ready to start the process?
APPLY NOW to start a Maize Phase proposal .
Other Travel Dates
Please contact Joshua Monthei (Jmonthei@umich.edu) as soon as possible if your group plans to schedule travel outside of Spring Break or Spring/Summer terms
Student Organizations Who Travel
Students participate in a variety of activities abroad. Below are some of the student organizations who have traveled internationally. Click on the organization to learn more about their international experiences.
Student Organization Travel Resources
Partnering With An NGO Overseas
Creating a partnership with an organization overseas can be a valuable partnership, but has many nuances. To help with the inherent challenges of building these relationships Global Michigan has created some resources to aid in the process.
- Self-assessment: Reflecting on your vision and goals for partnering with an NGO abroad
- Ranking priorities: Reflect on what you value most and least in a potential organization
- Develop an NGO profile: Before committing to work with an organization, use the following questions as a guide to help you conduct
research and establish credibility of the possible partner
- Evaluate a potential NGO partnership: Use this worksheet to evaluate whether working with a specific NGO would result in a positive, mutually beneficial partnership
Consider utilizing the Ginsberg Center as a resource for:
- Workshops regarding community partnerships or entering, engaging, and exiting a community
- Community service advising for guidance on your experience
Selecting Safe Housing Abroad
When selecting housing for an experience abroad, have you thought about how safe these choices are? There are many details to consider including navigating the nuances of a different culture. Use these resources from Global Michigan to guide you through this process.
- Select safe housing abroad: Use this document to gain a brief understanding of what safe housing is, why it is important, and factors
to consider when selecting housing overseas
- Housing checklist: Evaluate the level of safety and security for each of your housing options abroad
- Housing priorities: Explore your housing preferences and priorities compared to your options abroad
- Temporary Housing: Visit the International Center’s page for more information about finding temporary housing while abroad
Resource from the Ginsberg Center on thoughtful community engagement.